Tuesday, August 17, 2010

#344 Cahors

We are in Cahors . . I think . . ?
























On thursday we went with our friends Brian & Maureen to a village fête in nearby Aujols and a night of eating duck & chips and drinking glasses and glasses of wine.

We sat outside on benches with a few hundred locals and were serenaded by a three piece band; piano, base and accordion - why is it that the accordion is so popular in France? and, possibly, Argentina . . . ?















Anyway, I digress because the next day we went out eating again, this time for lunch at the Auberge Lou Bordié in the village of Bach. Actually, it's not the first time we've been here (#179) and I'm assuming the renown clebrity chef Jamie Oliver must have read my blog and so decided to come to film a piece for one of his Chanel 4 tv shows in the restaurant (the one about about the pyrénées part of France).



















The boss lady, Madame Valette has plenty of photos of Jamie taking over her kitchen, so we took one as well.


















I tried to take a pic of our serveuse Mélodie bringing our éntrée but she was too quick and I missed the plate - sorry.