Saturday, June 20, 2009

#279 1600km in one pair of shorts



















Nearly ready to go riding from Barça to Damm, (see map #273) kit organised, credit card at the ready, list of 5 star hotels taped to top tube.

On the left is my daily riding gear; Swrve cap, Uvex varicrome glasses, white retro Campagnolo track mitts, white Rapha Club Jersey, Assos H5 no-bib shorts, Rapha wool socks (L & R), Specialized mountain bike shoes.

Each night I wash my shorts / jersey / socks with the hotel's shampoo and hope it's all dry by next morning. If not, the hotel hair dryer comes into action!

In the handle-bar bag I have enough clothing to change into each night. Viz: Kenzo double breasted electric blue suit, a dozen Gieves & Hawkes sea island cotton shirts, an assortment of silk ties (I used to buy two each year at Harrod's spring sale, so have quite a selection), Vans shoes with Addict print (as an alternative a pair of Bally grey suede tassle-over loafers), one pair of David Beckham's Armani underpants - it's all right, he washed them!

It does pay to look one's best on arriving at one's hotel, so I make sure to have my jacket open and trousers at half mast so that the Amani pants are quite apparent - then I will be marked down as a man of taste and style and probably upgraded to the Presidential Suite.

You have to know the tricks of the trade when travelling across Europe ;-)

No comments: