Saturday, April 14, 2007

#169 Film Bluffing

No it's not me, it's Jacques Tati, famous French film director.


















According to a survey in the Daily Telegraph Britain is a nation of "film bluffs" with many people lying about the films they have seen and their favourite titles in a bid to appear more intellectual.

As I still can't ride my bike and the weather this week in Spain has been miserable I have spent my time torrenting some old 'art house' films.

Two from Tati; Jour de Fete (in colour) and Mon Oncle. Two from Luis Bruñuel; The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie and Belle du Jour. A 1969 British film, Withnail & I and not quite so old, the first series of Extras.

All high scoring on the film buff's Intellectual-o-Meter, I hope.

ps
Just saw Bruñel's Un Chien Andalou - it's a bitch!

No comments: