Wednesday, November 08, 2006

#126 Chairs, Chairs and More Chairs.

I'm just starting to recover our Josef Hoffmann dinning chairs. We tracked down some Hoffmann designed material (couldn't get the original design), bought foam rubber, felt, glue, staples, tape and got to work.

On the left is the first one recovered - only seven more to do!

















I'm a bit worried about the condition of our two Le Corbusier Dossier Basculant easy chairs (they were designed in 1928 but ours are a bit newer). I think they are covered in pony skin, which is, apparently, not permitted these days - are ponies an endangered species?

MANYA: (Angry) When I was a little girl in Poland, we all had ponies. My sister had pony, my cousin had pony . . . . . So, what's wrong with that?
JERRY: Nothing. Nothing at all. I was just merely expressing. . . . . .















Our Charles Rennie Mackintosh Hill House chair seems to be all right - that's 'cos no one ever sits on it :-)


















. . . . and finally, some bird - said her name was Venus - came round and said Diego Velázquez sent her, and could she lie on our Hoffmann sofa for a bit and look in the mirror.

No comments: